WHAT PARENTS WANT…DON’T END UP WITH YOUR HANDS FULL OF….

Parents

In last 15 years or so, I have seen many people leaving our country for higher studies, jobs. Many of them went saying they will return in couple of years but till now never returned…At one point of time I was also trying for higher studies but today when I think back I thank god that I performed average in those exams and later on decided not to pursue the same..

I personally know many of them. Infact many have such wonderful parents that whenever I visit their homes, they shower their love as if I am their son as well. If they are taking their parents where they are living then it may be fine with them else parents keep on waiting for them, persuading them to come back and many times have tears in their eyes & they keep on receiving below answers..

  • For my career I need to be there. What will happen to it if I come back…

  • I will return in another 2 years

  • This country is in mess and nothing can happen

  • Education is much better there etc

  • My job there is very comfortable, I can give more time to my family

  • I will not get same salary if I come back


What I have seen is many of them are thinking only about themselves. My career, My job, My comfort, My My MY… What about them who got you well educated and made you confident. Do these people think anytime about them. More than money, our parents want our time, they want to live with us. They want to live with our children, they want to play with them and see them growing up. Just sending money for them don’t fulfill our responsibility towards them.

Infact I have seen people spitting about their own country where they learned 2+2 =4. I have seen few who regret that they are born in this country. Few even do not return for years because of some Visa issues. Their lives are controlled by some Visa rules. In reality I have found below facts why they run away from their responsibilities

  • Exchange rate, more money

  • Part of mind says as I am staying in so and so country so I have something in me and so I am great

  • Don’t want to take responsibility of their parents, country

  • Think about only their own comforts – I have good paying relaxed job etc

  • Many girls do not want to live with their in-laws so they find this route of moving abroad


After living abroad for a year atleast I have realized that India is HEAVEN (if one has true vision to see). Such a balanced climate, good healthcare, good schools, such variety of food, clothing or anything you take, such nice people to talk, such a fertile land, so many rivers, mountains. God has showered everything here. I am not saying that other countries are not good or not bestowed with these things (infact nature has given everything equally to all) but what’s point in leaving your parents alone and running behind money. You will be millionaire or billionaire then what? So many millionaires & billionaires are there and you are one of them. Your parents will depart one day and so you will. All your millions & billions will remain in bank accounts and it may happen that your children may keep fighting for share of that money.

Not knowing culture of joint  family, your children will also leave you one day leaving you alone. What will you do with money.  Decade back in Europe, percentage of people who were in depression was about 25% and today it stands around 40%. Why so many people are in depression? One of the simple answer is people forgot family values. Family which has elders is also bestowed with their wisdom. Any problem or difficult situation comes in life and if you feel you are unable to handle then elders will be there to support you, to advice you. They guide children and younger ones as well. If someone from family is going on wrong path then they will be first to correct them. People spend huge money for advice from Psychiatrist which elders would have given them every day and in their advice there is love & care. Infact depression is one of the bigger killers today. Can you thank them by meeting once or twice in a year? Few even see them once in two years. We all need to move back to joint families else this disease called depression will eat many more.

More than money, we need love, friends, wisdom of elders and their blessings. I am sure all such people may have bank accounts full of money but in their later part of life when they will be lonely & tired then they will realize that their hands are full of 2 things, Regret & Guilt. Regret that they could not shower their love on their parents and Guilt that they could not take care of them. Don’t end up being in this category…

Comments

  1. You are a wonderful human. Your words are right for everyone living everywhere! I wish more young people would read and understand your words. No matter where someone is from I sometimes want to ask them if they were born from a rock because they do forget their parent. They forget where they come from. They forget who taught them to love and laugh and be part of a family. They forget.... Wonderful post. Peace, Koko:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only wonderful humans can see beauty in others! Pls know that you are also wonderful. My blessings with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment